Monday 4 February 2008

Resolutions out the window

I didn't keep to my blogging once a week resolution very well, did I? I'm sure it's been about a month! Anyway, I'm feeling in a much better frame of mind. The days are starting to get noticeably longer and even though it's only by about an hour each end, it's really making a difference to how I feel. Three weeks ago I had my interview for my PGCE course. At the time, I thought it went dreadfully and convinced myself that I wasn't going to get in. Then a week later I had my letter confirming I'd got a place! I was over the moon and now I'm feeling a lot happier about the whole teaching thing. I'm excited to start doing something new again as I think I have had enough of being an assistant! It's hard work trying to second-guess someone else all the time, so I'm looking forward to working by myself and being the one in charge.
I don't feel like I've got much knitting done, though I do have two finished objects, so it can't be as bad as I think. I'll blog the first one today, then the other one in a few days when I've taken pics.

Finished object: Briar Rose by Ysolda Teague.
Time it took to knit: About one week.


P1260007


I am really happy with this knit. It was a really clever construction, and I like when I can learn a new technique through a project. The fit is perfect too. The only trouble I had was with the decreases for the arms. I didn't think the instructions were that clear as to where to do the decreases and I had a lot of trouble making them line up neatly. Nevertheless I would definately recommend this pattern to other people!


P1260005


One other great thing happened to me this week. On Ravelry, someone asked me if I was going to write a pattern for one of the jackets I'd designed myself. It's only a little thing, but it put a huge smile on my face! It's something that I had sort of planned to do a pattern for, but I want to make a second version first as there's some thing I'm not completely happy with. I think I'd make it a free pattern though since it will be my first one and the idea for the jacket came from Anthropologie in the first place. Here's a pic of it:


PC010029


So watch this space!

No comments: