Thursday 29 November 2007

Finishing off

I've been so smug this past term at school because I haven't had a cold. Not one little sniffle. Then on Saturday I got the tell-tale sore throat, and by Sunday I had no voice at all! So I've been off work for two days this week (I'm pretty much back to normal now), which although I've been tired, has provided me with a little extra knitting time. I've got lots of things in the almost finished kind of stage. They just need buttons or ribbons or trimmings. I always find this the hardest bit to figure out. I have three finished objects sat awaiting their final adornments. Hopefully I can get them out and photographed this weekend!
About two weeks ago, I started the Airy Wrap-around Cardigan from Stefanie Japel's Fitted Knits. It was an extremely speedy knit (one week!) but the mohair I've used for it is quite thick, so I now have a fat dilemma. It makes me look like a fat hairy green sausage. Honestly! So I need to reduce some of the bulk from the waist. I think I'm going to have to reduce the length of the ties and go for buttons at the sides. Another job for the weekend, and then what to do with the left-over mohair?
Yesterday I started a new design. I'm quite excited about it because it's the first thing that's entirely mine. The lace pattern, the design, everything. It in Rowan's KSH and is a lovely mustardy yellow. It's going to a gorgeous lace sleeveless vest with a cowl neck (or maybe just turtleneck) with beads and a ribbon at the waist. I love it. :)

No comments: